Friday, September 26, 2008

Pretty, huh?


This is what I looked like Wednesday. Well, it's what my feet looked like. There's no way I was taking a picture of what I really looked like. :)

After a lifetime of living with a small, leaky bladder (which was not helped by my dislike of using public bathrooms and being a teacher who can't use the bathroom just whenever), I finally had surgery to correct the problem. Yay! To most, surgery isn't exactly something to get excited about. But I'm happy to be able to jog, jump on the trampoline, do jumping jacks, laugh, sneeze, cough, play kickball, etc. without having to find a bathroom immediately.

So we got to the hospital at 8:00 am and expected to be home by 2:00 that afternoon. Well, I didn't even go back to the operating room until 1:30. And since I couldn't use the bathroom on my own after surgery was over (and that's kinda a requirement), I had to stay the night. I was hooked up to weird blood-pressure-like things that go around the legs all night, as well as a catheter and an iv. It certainly wasn't the most comfortable night of sleep I've ever gotten, but the drugs were good. :) And the food wasn't so bad either. Although after over 24 hours of not eating or drinking, anything would've tasted good!!

I feel good today. Sore--kinda like I've been kicked in the gut by a big horse--but other than that I feel well. The only part that stinks is that I can't lift anything for at least 3 weeks. Aaron's home this week and my mom's coming next week. Hopefully I'll heal well and be able to resume life after that.

9 comments:

Kristen, Spencer, Brendan, Isaac, and Bryce said...

Hope you feel better soon!

julie said...

Oh how I wish I still lived in Athens and I could help you out! I hope you recover quickly, and let your body heal. Don't push too hard. Hang in there.

Kristin B. said...

Ouch! But here's to jumping and laughing! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad everything turned out ok!! I wish I could be there to help...

Jaime said...

feel well soon. that's cool though to correct the problem!

jen said...

I am glad you were able to get the surgery so you can enjoy laughing, jumping, jogging and playing kickball again. I hope you have a quick recovery!

Elizabeth said...

Oh good I'm sure you're glad you finally got that fixed. I remember growing up how easily you could pee yourself!!! LOL We always used to joke about when you got pregnant!!!

The Clanton Gang said...

Aw,thanks, y'all! I'm feeling very loved right now!

The Flynn's said...

Get well quick Wendi! I SO understand...I suffer from the same problem and it's very frustrating. For some reason I run out of undies really quickly. :)