Friday, February 15, 2008

Allergic to the theater?

For Valentine's Day Aaron surprised me with a nice dinner out and then a play at the local theater. We saw "A Streetcar Named Desire," which I had never seen before and which has nothing to do with the name. (Well, maybe someone who is more experienced with the theatre would tell me otherwise.) One of the deaf/hard of hearing interpreters at his school had one of the lead roles. It was a really well-done play with good acting. (I HATE sitting through painful renditions of classic shows because I spend the whole time being embarrassed for the lousy, but sincere actors.) I already had a yucky cough, but within 5 minutes of the opening scene, I suffered from a crazy attack of the allergies. And of course, I didn't have tissues or anything. And since we were sitting front and center, I couldn't just get up and go get some. SO, I suffered through 60 minutes of a runny nose, watery eyes, and swollen eyeballs. (I swear they grew in their sockets!) I had to wipe my nose on my jacket--GROSS! The evening just got worse and by the time I got home, I was miserable. I went straight to bed and had a long night of chills and fever. (No Valentine loving for my sweetie!) Today has been no better. Thankfully we had today off, so poor Maddie and Wesley sat in front of the TV while I laid in bed and attempted to clean a little. :o(

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

Yeah, I totally feel for you! I am allergic to our stake center. I know it is weird, but really I am. I am also allergic to chalk and have a runny nose the whole time I teach. ...

Too much information, I know.

I love that you have a blog so I can what y'all (hahahha) are up to!

Love, Tif