Sunday, June 22, 2008

PURE EXCITEMENT!!!!

I am VERY excited about our latest purchase!! Most of y'all know I have a small embroidery/monogramming business that has kept me busy in my spare time and given me a little extra spending money. Well, since I won't be returning to work next year, I've been looking for a way to earn a little more money. So, we decided to invest in a commercial embroidery machine. :) The Baby Lock BMP8 is like the queen mother of embroidery machines. There is pretty much nothing is can't do. Caps/hats, shirt sleeves, pants legs, ribbons, small bags--ANYTHING! I can't wait to get started making things! I've already got a bunch of patterns ready to go.
Hopefully I'll have a website up and running sometime in the very near future. I'll be doing burp clothes, onesies, flip flops, pillowcases, baby blankets, monogrammed shirts, "I'm the Big/Little Sister/Brother" shirts, Birthday shirts, koozies, and lots of really cute acrylic items. I might also get into doing boutique dresses and other children's clothing...we'll see what the market is for those.
If you need anything monogrammed/embroidered, just let me know! With my new software, I can convert most jpg or other photo files to an embroidery design.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

you know i'll keep ya in business! good luck... i just wish i could make a pillowcase dress, it looks so easy! very glad my kids were good, it gives me peace of mind (they loved it, they came home talking about maddie and his baby bro!)

Sant Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! What are you doing with your "old" machine? Interested in selling it? lol

That sounds like so much fun!

Love, Tif

The Clanton Gang said...

:) I've gotta keep the old one because this one doesn't sew.--it just embroiders.

Elizabeth said...

How fun!! I wish I had some sort of talent that I could go into business with. I just stared selling scentsy. If you are interested in any of that, just let me know! LOL www.scentsy.com/entongi

Charlotta-love said...

Thanks for the invite!

Are you still planning on going back to school next year? I was out of town this month during Bunko so I'm out of the loop I guess. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm jealous!! That machine looks awesome! :)

julie said...

I need pics of Wesley! I miss him SO much!