Friday, April 4, 2008

CLEAN house

I LOVE having a clean house. And it used to make me crazy and grumpy when my house wasn't spotless. Unfortuntately my standards have slipped some in the past few years--especially this year. Working full-time will do that to you! Something has to give and it's usually housework.

Since I'm out on Spring Break this week and the weather has been cold, overcast, and just plain ol' yucky, I have been cleaning and organizing like crazy. For the first time in a long time, everything in the house (j the first floor--the basement doesn't count, although it's almost there) is clean. Well, okay, Maddie's room isn't but it's almost clean. I've stopped cleaning it and started packing up things that she leaves on the floor when she goes to bed at night. Mean mom, I know, but she's such a packrat (between the Clanton and Smith genes, she's doomed!!) and I can't stand the clutter that she thinks she has to have. Watch out--you'll probably see her on Oprah someday talking about her packrat disorder. :o)


Anyway, if you've ever been to my house and a door was closed, it's because the room was messy and I don't like people to see my messes. If you haven't been to my house, this is how my house ALWAYS looks. LOL

Living Room


Kitchen
(with UGLY fake green marble kitchen counters that I will someday replace)


Dining Room



Master Bedroom(The walls are really not purple--they just look that way at night. It's a pretty off-blue, I promise.)




Master Bathroom

My Closet



Kids' Bathroom




Wesley's Room

Maddie's Pigsty

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wesley's room is too cute! Oh and I still want your comforter!!! Good job though. A clean house feels sooooo good!

Amanda said...

Nothing feels better than a clean house. You have such a pretty house. Looks homey.

The Clanton Gang said...

I should take pictures of what it looks like today. Not exactly the same. :)

Jaime said...

Very nice! Maddie got new furniture since we were there last. (and it might be the age with packrat thing, every single piece of paper, even bubble gum wrapper Madelyn writes on, she HAS to save! it drives me nuts, too)(hope you know i was only teasing you about your basement:) and comment on my blog please!

julie said...

I love seeing pics of your house! I wish everyone would do that. It is so fun to see how different people decorate and organize their homes. I love Wesley's room. I have often wondered what it looks like. I REALLY miss that little guy. You have to bring him by to see me. The kids miss him too. I also love how colorful your house is. Pretty soon I can start painting! Yeah!

Sant Family said...

You house is so pretty! Do you want to come decorate mine?

Amy said...

I love your house. Where did you get your living room rug? That's the one I want. I love the organization in your closet.

The Flynn's said...

I never once came to your house when it wasn't clean! I don't think you're as messy as you think. Maddie's room cracks me up. Olivia's room is exactly the same way and I do the same thing with her (throw away stuff when she's not looking).

The Flynn's said...

P.S. did you guys do the bathroom tile when you did all that remodeling or was that already there? We're wanting to tile our bathroom and wondering how hard it's going to be.