Monday, July 26, 2010

NY (Day 3--July 4, 2009)

Our third day in New York was Sunday, and after such a busy three days, we were ready for a day of rest! We went to church with Steve's family in the morning. I love how our church is the same no matter where we go!

After church, we went on a little drive out to the Hamptons. Well, we attempted to drive there. Apparently traffic is always bad on the weekends, but it was even worse because it was a three-day weekend and everyone was trying to get back to the city. We almost got there, but traffic was just too much so we turned around. We stopped at another beach on the way back. The beaches on Long Island's north shore are really rocky, so the kids had fun collecting a bunch of rocks to bring home.


We also stopped at "The Big Duck" in Flanders. Apparently Long Island was once known for duck farming, and one farmer build this odd little building as a gimicky to sell ducks and eggs to tourists. Now it's just a little piece of Americana.


1 comment:

ALYN said...

Good for you catching up on the blogging, I'm enjoying reading it.

EVERY architecture student knows this DUCK. I'm sure I could find you a picture of it in one of my textbooks. It's famous. Fun stuff. I don't think I realized you'd gone up to NYC again!