Sunday, April 19, 2009

March-part I

SNOW DAYS!
Yes, it occasionally snows in Georgia, but I have never seen this much! Once it started, it didn't stop for almost 12 hours. It was a lot of fun! Wesley wasn't feeling well, so he didn't enjoy it as much as Maddie. He wanted to go outside but he didn't like being cold and wet. And we certainly don't have the gear for snow. (Knitted mittens just don't work!!) It was fun to have Robyn and Steve "spend the night" since they didn't have power. Maddie was out of school for two days.

The snow was beautiful, but it made me even more grateful to live in the warm south! Our laundry room was completely full of wet jackets, gloves, socks and clothes. I can't imagine having to deal with that every day for weeks at a time. I love my sunny Georgia!!


Our attempt at a snowman. :)

Wesley wasn't quite sure what to do in the snow.

I love this picture because you can see how HUGE the flakes were.

Robyn, trying to appease Wesley, who wanted to play in the snow but didn't want to wear a coat and didn't want to get wet or cold.

This was at 8:00, I think. I'm sure there was at least two more inches by midnight!

Our ghetto attempt at sledding. Wesley was NOT impressed.
(It's the top from the sandbox that didn't work. )

1 comment:

Cape Cod Step Mom said...

Snow, ice, snow, ice.... now we have mud Yuck! And now one day in the 40's next in the 70's. Suppose to get to the 80's in the city (we're usually 10 degrees cooler on the coast line) and now maybe snow soming. :(